Things to Consider
Arranging a funeral at such an emotional time may feel like a daunting task, but from the moment you need us we will be there to ease the burden and help you arrange a funeral that is as personal and unique as you want it to be - an occasion that you believe is a worthy tribute to your loved one.
Remember to check the deceased’s Will, if they have made one, or other written instructions. If there are no known wishes then it’s generally up to the nearest relatives and / or executor to decide if the funeral will be a burial or cremation.
Please see below some of the things we will discuss when we talk to you about the funeral:
- Burial or Cremation - We are able to arrange a funeral in any Crematorium or Cemetery and we are able to advise on the differing options available.
- Funeral Service - Religious Service or Non-Religious Service and is there a particular Vicar, Priest, Minister or Officiant you would prefer?
- Pall Bearers – We are able to guide and assist those who would like to act at pall bearers, or, we can provide pall bearers on your behalf.
- Vehicles – We own our own Volvo hearse and limousines which provide the most spacious room for passengers. Limousines can seat 6 or 7 passengers (dependent on Covid-19 regulations).
- Hymns and Special Music
- Visual Tributes - Margam Crematorium offer the ability to display photographs and video during the service. This facility is dependent on sufficient notice being given. Please speak to us at the earliest opportunity.
- Hymn Sheets and Order of Service - Layout, Artwork and Quantity.
- Newspaper Notice(s) and we can supply notices for use on social media.
- Flowers and / or Donations.
- Type of Coffin and Dressing of your loved one. If you choose to provide clothing, the Crematorium recommends it should be of natural fibers and they will not permit footwear. We need to be particularly careful about accessories and buckles, buttons, clasps, etc. Please ask, if unsure.
- Cremated Remains - Although this can be decided at a later time. Unless instructed otherwise, we will collect the cremated remains and keep them at Baglan Funeral Home until we receive further instructions.
- Any other requests – we will always help you with any particular request or instruction. This may include travelling along a particular route, taking a lock of hair or fingerprints, or helping you with memorial jewellery.